Mittwoch, 27. August 2014

Future adventures

I have written and entry on Perfect Cherry Blossom easy and how I do not wish to spend all that much time on it. But then what? That is what this entry is all about and I personally assume that those future plans will keep me busy for at least a year, likely longer. But what exactly are the categories afterwards? Well:

After I quit PCB easy mode, my plan was to wrap up extra mode. I have been playing Imperishable Night extra on and off quite a bit which my personal best standing at 2.73 billion and it is probably my strongest IN score. My goal for this one is 3 billion. That is a score I believe myself to be capable of, especially once I have practiced some of Mokou's attacks more. My current personal best has every supergraze in it aside from "Honest Man's Death", which I have already learned. Although the long downtime will force me to relearn it, probably. I actually expect this to take several months, to be frank. IN extra is an intuitive category to me, but still quite difficult and to reach my goal, I can't fail any attacks, bar perhaps bombing the last nonspell, not that I want to bomb it, but it's very stressful to dodge it, especially on a good run.
Note that at this point in time I quit PCB easy earlier than I anticipated, and after I finish up extra, I'll see if I want to play PCB again or not. Perhaps I'll improve it, but probably not.

The next category I will play is IN normal. It's a category I have played before and it's a category I never planned to take a break from, but things happened. This will probably take up most of the time, since my goal for it is very very high. In fact, I was thinking that for as long as I still enjoy the category, I might try to best st's run (4,412,460,930). Now, those of you familiar with the run will know that this is crazytalk. However, me even seriously trying is simply a maybe. I only want to pursue the score for as long as I enjoy it and won't push myself any further than that. Right now I can't tell for how long I will be able to retain the enjoyment I had from playing IN normal, but I assume that it will last for quite some time, as it is my favorite category to this day.

After normal mode is yet another Imperishable Night category. My easy mode score is in serious need of an improvement as well. Right now it's at pretty much 3 billion flat, but I would like to raise it by maybe 200 million points. The world record for this category is at 3.3 billion, but I don't think I want to go for that score. Not only is easy mode a bit duller than normal mode, but the run is likely more optimized than the one for normal mode too and 3.2 billion is a respectable score in itself, I think. Easy mode was my first category I have scored more seriously, so once I get back to it, it may be going to be slightly nostalgic. I do look forward to it.

After the Imperishable Night marathon I will try Ten Desires. It is the only Youmu game left that I have not yet tried and the plan is to score my first hard mode. It is another game I have no experience with, and I don't have a concrete goal for this yet (it won't be too high, I don't think). I did get some advice from someone who's played the game before, so maybe it won't be as much of a steep entry as it was with Perfect Cherry Blossom.
Another thing I will want to add in here is that at any moment in time I could start playing Phantasmagoria of Dim.Dream again. Never was PoDD scoring planned, but always did it happen. It's nothing I plan to play, but it happens when I feel like it. So amidst all that, I might also be playing some of that.

Those are my plans for now. I've said in the beginning that I will likely be stuck on all of this for a year, but it's probably going to take much much longer to work out all of this. And whether I actually have the patience for all of the goals is uncertain. Personally, I hope I do, alas experience has shown that my patience oftentimes runs thin.

2 Kommentare:

  1. No new posts after all? Awww, that's too bad.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. This blog isn't dead or anything. I have just been working for a while on Imperishable Night extra and haven't had any success with it since I reached 2.9b. I was considering writing an entry for it like I did with PCB easy, but wasn't sure what to write, so I haven't done so yet. I might do it in the near future, but if not then be assured that I will definitely write an entry when I reach 3 billion in the stage.

      Löschen